Friday, August 03, 2007

THERE MAY BE LEAD IN YOUR HOSE!

I just read an article in my National Gardening email about the fact that many hoses contain high levels of LEAD! They referred to an ABC article about this and I've linked that here. If you'd like to read a bit more about this issue, click on the link.
I don't know about you, but I often take drinks from the garden hose when I'm hot and thirsty. My children did it often and I'm sure my grandkids do as well! The lead levels in most hoses are higher than we'd like to see them be, so use caution if you decide to drink there. Bring a water bottle instead of depending on the hose for a drink.
Why is it that we seem to have survived all these "dangers" and yet, we don't want to expose our children to things that are expressly BAD for them, so we need to be alert.
At any rate, enjoy the garden and add the water bottle to the long list of things to carry with you into the garden...hat, sunscreen, gloves, long pants tucked into socks, etc., etc., etc. AAARG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home