Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SHOULD I CHANGE MY "THEME" TO GREEN GARDENING?

I have been writing an article about "Green Gardening" that has me thinking that I should change my focus to "Green Gardening" rather than "Perennial Gardening". What do you, my followers think?
This morning there was an article in the NY Times about this very subject. Go to this link about Botanical Gardens and read what they have to say. It is rather interesting.
I never have been a "Garden Club Lady". I once joined a Garden Club and was not happy with the whole experience. I love gardening, but not necessarily the "tea and crumpets" portion of it, so when the opportunity to become a Master Gardener came up, I jumped at it and have NEVER regretted it!
I have generally dealt with perennials and flowers rather than the vegetables. I'm still not that inclined to get into veggies too wholeheartedly. BUT, I am VERY interested in Green Gardening. This is the ability to work real sustainability into your garden. It's about using less water and fewer chemicals; using native species; incorporating trees into the overall plan in order to cut down on wind in the winter and sun in the summer. It's about using the garden to HELP us in so many other ways than just looking pretty!
So, at this point look for a bit of a change in focus. I'll still be doing my normal "Master Gardener" things, but I'll try to focus more on the Green Gardening aspect. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or two!

1 Comments:

At July 30, 2010, Anonymous Christa said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see what you have to say!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home