Thursday, June 02, 2011

GARDENING BOOKS WITH REVIEWS

I'm going to try something I have not done before. I'm going to review GARDENING BOOKS, and then give you the link to Amazon so you can get it if it piques your curiosity.
I'll start today by reviewing books I have and USE every day in my gardening. I use them to answer questions I get on-line. I use them for my own edification. AND I thought enough of them to actually BUY and use them in the first place.
The first review is one on a book I received as a gift many, many years ago when I built my very first garden. It was given to me by my mother, who was a wonderful gardener. She felt it was the best book she knew, and it sure was that for me. I have used that gift, and then updated editions for over 50 years!!! I have given it as gifts to my own children who also use it all the time with their own gardening.
The book is "The Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening". Here is a link that will get you right to it at Amazon. Check it out!
What I love about this book is that everything is alphabetized, so it's EASY to find the information you need. If you know it by a different name, it will help you get where you want to go. The directions are clear and easy to follow. Like the encyclopedia it is, there is no index to confuse you. It's a book that will serve you well from Veggies to the most sophisticated espalier; from fertilizers to topdressing! Whatever you want to find out about? It's here... in ONE place! ENJOY!

3 Comments:

At June 06, 2011, Anonymous Jo said...

Hi there. I was introduced to your blog from a posting on the Lyme (NH) gardeners listserv. I am aware that Kerry Ann Mendez, who writes for Horticulture magazine and has a nice blog, has two books out that she would like people to post reviews on Amazon. She is offering them via her website, Perenially Yours, for a very good combination price, without shipping, signed, and they are shipped very fast. Full disclosure: I have nothing whatsoever to do with Kerry or her books, just that I came upon them somehow not unlike your blog. :)

 
At July 11, 2011, Blogger Culturalist Press said...

Great blog, a surprising amount of detail in every post. Have you ever considered a website review post?

www.plantdex.com

 
At July 12, 2011, Blogger North Country Maturing Gardener said...

What's a website review post?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home