Sunday, September 30, 2007

IT'S RAINING AGAIN IN WASHINGTON

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted an entry. Here I am in Redmond, WA visiting with my daughter and her family. While getting out of the car the other day, I stepped on a wet (and slippery) stone and twisted my knee. It was an unpleasant experience and I've been limping around ever since. Since I was doing most of the cooking, etc. (my daughter was out of town, so I was responsible for our grandkids-FUN,FUN, FUN!) Anyway, I was pretty much exhausted limping around while doing all that. Sitting at the computer was the last thing on my mind. I was ready to elevate that leg and ice it, so I did. Sorry!
Anyway, it's raining again. It would seem strange that the plants need to be watered even in the rain, but there's a rhodie that's looking pretty dry right in front of the bay window here in Washington. Check out my September 21st posting and see why this needs "doing".
No matter what your climate, when the plants are about to go into dormancy, the best thing you can do for them is to be sure they are well watered.
Maybe later I'll do a posting about the book I just finished reading. It's called "Robbing the Bees". Wow! Did I learn a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home