Wednesday, March 05, 2008

LOSING WEIGHT WHILE GARDENING!

I get the Johns Hopkins Health Alerts. This morning I got the email that I get every week or so. It said this:

"Light gardening and yard work can be surprisingly taxing: Performed at a moderate pace, a 154-lb person can burn 330 calories per hour digging up weeds and raking."

I am really happy about that because I'm also trying to lose weight! Unfortunately, there's about 2 feet of snow on the ground covered by about 1/2 inch of ice...I guess I won't be losing any weight THAT way for awhile!
Anyway, I thought you'd like to know gardening can help you lose weight!

Plow & Hearth

1 Comments:

At March 05, 2008, Blogger CanadianGardenJoy said...

Thanks for the affirmation of what I had thought for some time ! LOL
I manage to loose a little at least in the gardening season .. winter packs on the pounds and at least the rest of the year i can attempt to make it budge a bit ?
And I thought it was just de-hydration ... haha
Joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home