RAIN GARDEN-HOW LARGE?
SIZE OF A RAIN GARDEN
• Rain Gardens can be almost any size-limited only by time and cost.
• Any rain garden will give some storm water runoff control.
• The size will often be determined by how deep the rain garden will be, and the soil type you find there.
• The rain garden should be about 1/3rd the size of the area it is serving. For example a roof area of 200 square feet would need a 70 square foot garden.
• A typical rain garden is 3-8 inches deep.
• Anything less than that would need much more surface area to be effective.