Saturday, February 18, 2006

A TREE COMES TO VISIT

Do you believe this? This is what we spent yesterday resolving! We had a dreadful wind storm here in Northern New Hampshire!
I had just decided to go to the grocery store and was checking my list when I realized the wind was really blowing HARD! I went to the door you see under the tree and looked out just in time to see it begin to fall...right toward ME! I ran to the back of the house shrieking all the way that a tree was falling. By time I got to the room my husband was in, the tree hit. It was a HUGE sound and it shook the house (and us) to our roots!
I knew it had come into the house because when I went into the living room I could smell pine. There it was, over the stairs, three holes with branches plugging them. No leaks, no drafts...just corks made up of branches.
Needless to say, the insurance company was called; our friend with some HUGE construction equipment was contacted and I did a lot of "hand wringing". Anyway by the end of the day the tree had been dragged into the woods and we had a LOT more space for lawn. The only good thing about this is that all of a sudden I have a lot more light in the garden!

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2006, Blogger Urban Agrarian said...

"The only good thing about this is that all of a sudden I have a lot more light in the garden!"

A true gardner's first thought!

 
At February 21, 2006, Blogger Sandy said...

Holy cow! Good thing you weren't hurt! And of course it is always nice to have a little more light in the garden.

 
At February 28, 2006, Blogger Kati said...

I'm so sorry to read about all that damage to your home! Glad to hear there is a bright side...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home