Monday, March 06, 2006

AN EAGLE COMES TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

We were on our way to Monroe, NH, when we saw a big bird with a white head sitting on the ice. It was at the confluence of the Connecticut, Wells and Ammonoosuc Rivers. At first I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was, an EAGLE in all it's glory!!!
I didn't have a camera, so I couldn't get a photo. However, I went to flickr and found this one. He looked pretty much just like this, except he was on ice at the side of the river. That was quite a thrill!
If you're interested in more on Eagles, here are some books that might help!


2 Comments:

At March 06, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Isn't it a thrill to see these birds and other rarely seen animals in their natural habitat? I know we can see them in zoos, which is great from an educational point of view, but there's something special about seeing them unexpectedly out in the open.

My first sighting of a lyrebird was on the natural bushland on the side of the road early one morning. Without their tail spread they are a fairly insignificant looking bird, but when they spread that tail, or give an impromtu concert of all the other sounds that they mimic so perfectly, it's quite memorable.

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger North Country Maturing Gardener said...

Yes, it WAS a thrill! Here's to many more sightings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home