Sunday, July 20, 2008

A WALK ON THE GARDEN PATH

We're doggie sitting a friends coco-poo. I'm not sure that's how to spell it, but I'm sure you get the idea! This is a VERY sweet dog. Well behaved, quiet and a wonderful lap warmer!
She needs to be walked frequently and I'm more than happy to oblige her. It gets me onto my garden path where I dead-head the daylillies and do light pruning a few times a day. I'm using my legs a bit more and enjoying it. I need to keep it up after she's back home. her family may miss her now, but I'll miss her then!
This morning I came across an article about Al Gore and his new website, We Can Solve It. It's worth a visit. It's a way of getting yourself involved in this movement, which as a gardener, you're already involved somewhat!
There is also another site where New Hampshire folks can take the New Hampshire Carbon Challenge. Whether you take this challenge or not, whether you live in NH or not, it doesn't matter. Just go there and see what it has to say.
As gardeners we tend to be more concerned with our environment because we know how it affects our plants, and hence us. I hope each and every one of you has a compost heap, pile, bin or at least a spot where you can dig compost into the ground! Every little bit helps.
Check out the two links I've given you and do something about it...TODAY!

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Well behaved, quiet and a wonderful lap warmer!She needs to be walked frequently and I'm more than happy to oblige her

 

Post a Comment

<< Home