Friday, January 29, 2010

WEATHER AND CATALOGS

Ah yes, it's the end of January and all that seems to be on the minds of gardeners these days is the weather and the catalogs that arrive daily!
I don't know about you, but it's VERY cold here. It's in the single digits; we've got a fresh coating of snow on the ground; the local bridge (Bath, NH) is closed because it's pillars have been rearranged by ice floes that came down in the January Thaw last week. It's a bit of a mess. It's also hard for the folks who live on the VT side of the bridge. They can't get across the bridge to get to work, or just to get to NH. Also, the fire department is on the NH side. NOT a good thing!
However, every day I seem to be getting another catalog. Yesterday it was Renee's Garden. They always send some sample seeds. Yesterday I got some cosmo seeds! Thank you Renee!
I am trying to do something different with my "advertising" on this blog. I've proposed to various gardening centers that I can mention their site (as I did here with Renee's Garden) right in the posting. Let's see what happens with that. I hope it works. I hate those meaningless ad's that appear on the side of the blog. I'm trying to get rid of all of that really commercial "look". Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home