Saturday, January 30, 2010

WINTER GARDENING?

OK...There really is nothing you can do outside right now, unless the snow is soft enough and you can knock it off your shrubs and bushes. I don't know about where you are, but here it's VERY cold, so ice would be the demon of the day. Do NOT try to knock the branches during this kind of cold, or if there is ice on those branches. They will BREAK, which would not be a good thing.
As you may know if you've been reading my blog lately, I'm trying something new with advertising. I have removed advertising from the side of my blog. I really don't like the commercial look it provides. However, I am also hoping to have my blog pay for itself, and removing the advertising doesn't help (even though I've never been able to see how those ad's worked. It certainly never put any pennies in MY pocket! I don't know about other blogs.) So I've decided to try and advertise DIRECTLY with gardening centers.
In the future I'll try a few techniques to make this work. At first, I thought I'd just advertise with links within the blog. However, this doesn't necessarily allow you, my reader to know that this is a commercial endeavor, rather than an "editorial" comment. The other possibility is to insert a separate paragraph below the posting, explaining that it is a "Post Promotion", and writing a few lines, more or less advertising that company and telling why it would be a good place for you, the gardener, to visit. I would provide the link within that paragraph, which hopefully you would "click" helping the gardening center with a true and serious connection.
For instance:
THE POST PROMOTION
This morning I was reading an email from the WHITE FLOWER FARM. In it, they, like me, talked about things you could be doing during this season. (The White Flower Farm is a wonderful place to visit and buy anything for the garden. I have done business with them for over 30 years. They stand behind their products and are a delight to deal with.) At any rate, like me, they suggest enjoying your winter scenes and start thinking about what could look pretty this time of year, and then make plans for planting them in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home