Monday, May 24, 2010

SMALL GARDENING CHORES

Yesterday I filled two (1/2) Whiskey Barrels with annuals and herbs. Right now they look a bit anemic. I hope in a week or two they will fill out a bit! In the one closest to the kitchen, I planted parsley and oregano. I hope to pick up some basil today. That is usually enough to satisfy any recipes for the two of us. I made sure to water the barrels thoroughly as they have just been sitting there over the winter. The soil appeared to be cool and damp, but better safe than sorry. Those barrels get pretty dry, pretty fast.
There is an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly (big, yellow and beautiful!) hovering over all the creeping phlox. He's been there for days now. I'm assuming it's the same one. Maybe not, but I haven't seen two of them at any time.
Today I'm going to get some morning glories and moon flowers to put on the fence. I'll probably get them in the ground tomorrow. We'll see how the day progresses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home