Friday, May 28, 2010

FLOWERS POPPING UP ALL OVER!

It's such fun walking all over the garden and neighborhood. Flowers, wild and not, are coming to life and butterflies are everywhere. The Hummingbirds are loving the feeder and I'm loving them! It's fun to see the lupines that I sowed years ago by the side of the road, coming up and flowering.
It's a wonderful time of year for gardeners. Everything is lush and new. The colors are bright and the weeds are not quite going crazy yet.
My husband wants desperately to cut the lawn in the small (very small) meadow we have. I don't want him to do it until all the daisies have at least bloomed once! So, it looks scruffy, but I don't care. I just want to see that field of white. It used to have lots of wildflowers in it, but over the years they have disappeared and left us with daisies and Black-eyed Susans. But that's OK, I love them too! I'm a gardener that's easy to please.
I guess after the daisies bloom, I'll want to see the Black-eyed Susans! MAYBE he'll get to trim that lawn SOME time...

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2010, Anonymous Ann Flower said...

Wow. So much thought into flowers :) I wouldn’t have thought it possible

 

Post a Comment

<< Home